Oh drama mama!
What an eventful past two days.It's been crazy. I'm so glad I could wake up later today,
crawl out of bed at my own time, wash up at my own time
And crawl back into bed again at my own will! hah!
Thursday was Terrible.
Everything that could go wrong went wrong.
Rushed to work by 7.30am.
But Empress Dowager wasn't there,
and she even smsed many of us to "get to work by 8am!" at 1.30am.
So I did some stuff, and took few minutes to pray.
Really felt like I needed to just have a conversation with the one above.
I knew the day ahead was going to be total madness ...
but conversations with the one most high left me feeling reassured.
Reassured about what exactly I wasn't sure,
But I felt safe ... perhaps reassured that HE was there for me and with me.
Then the moment I finished my conversation.
My phone rang. You can never imagine how accurate the timings can be.
Very drama to say the least!
Empress Dowager was on the line... .
She was gonna ammend her slide presentation with me thru the phone!
Gosh, how stressful was that.
It was 0815. I had to make changes in 15 minutes. I have to set up you know!
Changed many slides. Even made some minor animations...
I went up at 0845. Some BOD members were already in.
It was a big day, they were going to announce the company's results!
Set it up! Tested the sound! tested the speakers! played the slides!
All set up!
But Murphy was right. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Before we were meant to go in,
We found out that the previous group had problems projecting their slides.
BOD members were getting impatient.
I called my intern to bring my laptop up, just for backup. just in case.
Set up laptop, All set up. Ready.
The moment we went in.
I felt so small, seated against all these BOD members.
Directors, etc. I met my Chairman for the 1st time.
He was someone I've read about while growing up.
A successful and no-nonsense ex-civil servant.
I remember being quite in awe of him before, heard many things too.
And there he was seated just across the table.
Opps, I think he's staring at my ear stud!
Man it must really be shining ... must be these lights at the Board Room.
But I chose not to take it out! hah, old man, deal with it!
Ok, Empress Dowager began her spill...
And when I was supposed to play my presentation, a slide show with music
(meant to tug at their hearts so they can support our charity cause)
it went downhill.
Music didn't play. People were scrambling around. CEO came up to fiddle with speakers
Not a good sign.
Company secretarty went under the table to check the wires... ummmmm (oh dear!)
CEO standing in front of her (double oh dear!)
Empress Dowager is staring at me with huge-a** eyes ready to pop out.
CEO is looking at me. So too are our board of directors. Chairman walked out. (Oh dear!)
I sat glued to my seat. Asked CEO if i can restart again.
readjested the volume, calmly restarted the presentation. And then ...
There was a real loud schreacccching sound, feedback from the speakers.
(Oh dear! oh dear oh dear!) I think Empress Dowager nearly fainted!
I played the show, and left the music to come out from the laptop!
It played, but hardly audible music. (sigh!)
Chairman came back in just as it ended.
we continued the presentation. Brought the bull mascot in with other staff dancers!
They performed all around the Board room table.
Funky! I think the Board hasn't had so much excitment for a while,
What more ALL that in one morning! no no, All that in the span of 10 minutes!
Haha, Empress Dowager said she was disappointed ...
I was disappointed! my presentation didnt come out the way i wanted.
But frankly,
I was ok about it at the end of it all.
Never felt so calm. The old me would have been in a foul mood for rest of the week.
Then I rememberd what I wrote the night before,
(almost prophetic even! music please... see how drama it can get)
DId you read my poem below ....?
I remembered writing about giving thanks even in momemnts of doubts and disappointments.
That's when I knew God is in command of ALL things.
It wasn't too bad, now that I think about it.
The Board were after all just humans, we err, or rather in this case,
there'll be technical faults every once in a while,
only goes to show our limitations.
They day continued pretty much like that.
Few more projects... things went wrong!
But I was calm.
But who would have thought...
When Friday came.. God gave me the most relaxing day since I started work!
Two meetings were cancelled.
Got pulled to attend a nice lunch meeting,
Met a long-lost church friend from Wesley (which i was attending as a teenager).
Real glad to see her again!
Afternoon went slow.
Presentation in the evening was cancelled.
So just went for a cocktail dinner!
Totally Fab!
Still giving thanks and praise to the one most high!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home