Monday, August 02, 2004

Eureka under the Durian Tree!

What a feast!
Had a durian makan session at Michael's place.
Food was catered for,
But the real attraction were the durians.
Not too bad, poor JC was busy splitting the shells open
I wonder how many did he eventually have to eat?
But was good fun.

Managed to swim a bit earlier on,
Man, i'm totally out of stamina.
Swimming next to Chris,
ok that dude's like 10 years younger,
but that's no excuse for me.

Talking about that, the ZGMights have so much energy.
Or should I say the W7s.
These kids have so much zest and energy.
I wonder what they are like at home.

But as the evening came,
And as I sat there listening to them sing re-mixes of their
own versions of songs and coming up with funny movements.
I'm reminded of my youth (long gone) haha.
But I think I gotta learn something from them,
That as we talk about maturity (sunday service today)
growing to be like Christ,
we should yet never lose touch of that child-like heart
And innocent wonderment at the simplest things.
Maybe they were just being plain silly...
Maybe.
But maybe they just have such pure hearts and child-like attitudes.
Didn't the bible say that we have to be child-like
to enter the kingdom of God?
I see in them child-like attitudes
loving, loyal, always laughing,
still learning constantly, and so lively!

From that brief moment sitting down under the grey skies,
God spoke to me. ( I think he did )
While pastor's message to us today was about maturity,
to be prayerful always,
It is really about being spiritualy mature.

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child,
and reasoned like a chld,
When I became an adult, I no longer used childish ways.
1 Cor: 13
Yes there's a difference between childish and child-like.

Yet, there I was realising that these kids have so much to teach me.
They have so much to offer.
And their love for God was itself a testimony that shines right through.
So while today's message was about maturity,
God's message to me this evening was really to continue to be child-like in
seeking his word and knowing him better.
What beautiful irony!

Just make sure you're not childish but child-like!
There's a huge difference!
So which one are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)